Representative Gifts: teaching, leadership, administration, apostle, evangelism, pastor, knowledge, wisdom.
These gifts are common of representatives of the church, such as church workers and go-to people.
Teaching: To instruct others in the bible systematically and logically so as to communicate information for spiritual understanding and growth.
- Bible Verse:And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues. (1 Corinthians 12:28)
- Example: “Jack” does a great job of finding Bible passages relevant to today’s Christians.
- Remember: A good teacher teaches those who want to be taught. Don’t be overbearing, don’t be too vague.
Leadership: To stand before the church so as to attend the direction in which the church is traveling.
- Bible Verse: . . . if it is to lead, do it diligently; (Romans 12:8)
- Example: “Taylor” is really good at planning the church’s long-term goals.
- Remember: Just because one is gifted with leadership does not mean that person must always be in charge.
Administration: To steer the church in a general direction through planning, organizing, and supervising.
- Bible Verse: See “Teaching”.
- Example: “Siri” is the best iPhone4S feature ever! She can remember, plan, and organize everything!
- Remember: Administrators are not always the best leaders. Leaders have to be at least slightly extroverted, while administrators aren’t completely extroverted.
Apostle: To be sent forth to new frontiers with the Gospel; to oversee activities in churches.
- Bible Verse: See “Teaching”.
- Example: The pope is the leader of the Catholic Church, kind of how the disciples were with the early church.
- Remember: Apostles are very rare nowadays. And they’re quite prone to burnout, directing such a huge project.
Evangelism: To be a messenger of the Gospel.
- Bible Verse: So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, (Ephesians 4:11)
- Example: Did you see how well “Hillary” did talking to people at the outreach event? That was awesome!
- Remember: Evangelism definitely takes bravery. Don’t worry; the Holy Spirit will give you the courage to do it!
Pastor: To be responsible for spiritually caring for, protecting, and guiding a group of people.
- Bible Verse: See “Evangelism”
- Example: “Leo” has a real gift for seeing what is spiritually right and guiding himself and others in that direction.
- Remember: Pastors are awesome. If you’re considering being one though, get ready for a real roller coaster ride.
Knowledge: To strive to learn much about the Bible through finding and analyzing research.
- Bible Verse: To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, (1 Corinthians 12:8)
- Example: “Ellie” is really smart. She’s the first one to understand everything in confirmation. It’s like God’s endowed her or something.
- Remember: Everyone has a different mental capacity. Just because you aren’t as smart as others are doesn’t mean that you’re stupid; it’s just not your strong point.
Wisdom: To apply knowledge to one’s life so as to aid in discovering relevant spiritual truths and living in a practical way.
- Bible Verse: See “Knowledge”. And, uh, try basically all of Proverbs!
- Example: “Grayson” is such a practical person. He’s not a coward, but he’s not proud, either. And he thinks well on his feet.
- Remember: Strive to be wise. To start: respect the Lord, for doing so is the beginning of wisdom.